Best-of-the-Web Spanish Language Websites: General
Welcome to EDSITEment's Spanish language website resources for K-12 teachers! The EDSITEment staff, the National Endowment for the Humanities hope that you and your students, from beginners to native speakers, will enjoy and profit from the wealth of pedagogical and humanities-related content and curricular materials made available in Spanish on these sites. Websites listed in this section are arranged by proficiency level and have passed a review by experts in the field of Spanish language education as well as a Blue Ribbon Panel at the National Endowment for the Humanities, assuring excellence in content.
- Argentina Mundo Niños From the Secretaría de Educación de Mendoza, a site with games, recipes, short stories, proverbs, interactive riddles, and classic fairytales.
- EspañOlé This site, maintained by retired Spanish language teacher Susan Seraphine-Kimel, aggregates and annotates hundreds websites for the teaching and study of Spanish language.
- Libro de Texto de CUARTO DE PRIMARIA — Educación Artística From the Secretaría de Educación Pública (México), a searchable and downloadable online textbook on art education designed to teach students about art appreciation and personal creativity, with factsheets and exercises on the visual arts and the performing arts.
- Mis Cositas Resources: Cuentos Teacher-created resource with picture books.
- Mis Cositas Resources: Thematic Units Teacher-created site with pdf files.
- Museo Nacional del Prado The official site for the National Museum of Spain, Madrid, allows access online to approximately 1000 works of art in the museum's collection. The advanced search engine facilitates consultation, using categories such as: artist, title of work, subject, chronology, and reference number. Site includes content in Catalan, Basque, and Galician languages.