Related EDSITEment Lesson Plans and other Content for Dust Bowl
How Teachers Can Make the Most of “The Dust Bowl”
Connect to the Dust Bowl through these peer-reviewed lessons and websites from EDSITEment. Take charge of primary source material connected with this environmental catastrophe and let your students view it through the lenses of Dorothea Lange and John Steinbeck. Then, seek out EDSITEment’s selected Best of the Web sites for further information to use in your classrooms.
Related EDSITEment Lesson Plans
- Dust Bowl Days
- John Steinbeck’s "The Grapes of Wrath": The Inner Chapters
- Steinbeck’s Use of Nonfiction Sources in The Grapes of Wrath
- Depression-Era Photographs: Worth a Thousand Words
- Esperanza Rising: Learning Not to Be Afraid to Start Over
Related EDSITEment Websites
- John Steinbeck: A Voice for a Region, A Voice for America
- About Life: The Photographs of Dorothea Lange (J. Paul Getty)
FSA photographer Dorothea Lange came across Florence Thompson and her children in a pea pickers' camp in Nipomo, California, in March 1936. Courtesy of Library of Congress
Producer: Florentine Films.