Study of African American History This Summer
We celebrate Black History Month in February, but learning can continue all year long. Check out these NEH Summer Seminars and Institutes for School Teachers dealing with African American history and culture. All programs are free and include stipends to help cover travel and living expenses.
Applications are due March 1!
- Courting Liberty: Slavery and Equality under the Constitution, 1770–1870
- Freedom for One, Freedom for All? Abolition and Woman Suffrage, 1830s–1920s
- America’s Reconstruction: The Untold Story
- The Most Southern Place on Earth: Music, History, and Culture of the Mississippi Delta
- The Long Civil Rights Movement
- The Civil Rights Movement: Grassroots Perspectives
- “Stony the Road We Trod . . .” — Exploring Alabama's Civil Rights Legacy
- Muslim American History and Life